Bonjour, beauties and happy hump day! I hope you all are having a great week! Time has really been flying and I almost didn’t realize that I had hit 100+ followers! For that, I want to give a HUMONGOUS hug *hugs!* and a BIG thank you to all of you! Only just a few months ago I started to get my blog going, so 100 followers is a HUGE milestone. It may not be many to some, but to me it’s such a big accomplishment. I never thought I would get here! I get so excited every time I have a new follower or visitor, it seriously makes my day, so again THANK YOU.. it makes me feel like just maybe I’m doing something right! I’m still new to blogging though, as it’s only been a few months so any constructive criticism you have, I’d love to hear it! If there’s anything you would like to see specifically, please let me know. I do this because I want to help you beauties make decisions or even enable you to try something new! I’m so thankful for you all. xo
With that said, over the past month I’ve been nominated for a few more Liebster awards which I’m also grateful for, because it means that I’m not going unnoticed Since I have been nominated before (see here), I’m going to skip the random facts and answer the questions from these lovely girls!
The first nomination is from Lisa Sherin (thanks, Lisa!)
Her questions for me were:
1. What 5 items would you take to a desert island? (Not restricted to beauty items)
Chapstick, lotion, razors, a comb and conditioner
2. What is the last beauty product you purchased?
Some Sigma Brushes
3. Liquid, gel or pencil eyeliner?
Gel seems to be easiest for me to apply, but I like pencils a lot too!
4. If you could pick anyone, living or dead, to have dinner with, who would it be?
Jesus, hands down
5. When doing your makeup which feature do you prefer to emphasize, eyes or lips?
My eyes! My lips are so large, they don’t need much emphasizing lol.
6. What is your favourite Spring trend?
I’m definitely loving all of the floral print this season! On clothing and nails
7. When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging a few months ago because I wanted to give helpful input on makeup and beauty products to possibly help others make decisions.
8. What is the most interesting thing you have eaten today?
The only thing I’ve eaten so far is a toaster strudel – cream cheese & strawberry, of course.
9. What would you do now if you had the day to yourself?
I do have most of the day to myself, and I’ll be working out and possibly heading to Ikea!
10. What is the nicest thing you have done for a stranger lately?
Held the door for someone
The next nomination was given to me by Melissa at Your Beauty Stars (thanks, Melissa!)
Her questions for me were:
1. How do you create an easy Smokey Eye?
Well, I don’t lol. I can’t seem to make it work on me yet so I’ve never worn a smokey eye out in public!
2. How Often do you shop for Makeup?
TOO often. I end up shopping for it when I’m supposed to be shopping for other things.
3. What article of Clothing do you love wearing the most?
Hoodies! They just make me feel more comfortable than anything else in the world
4. Should you wash your hair everyday?
I used to, but don’t anymore – I know it’s not the best for your hair. I wash every few days – I co-wash often – rinse and condition. Conditioner is my BFF with these unruly curls
5. What Skin products do you use in the morning?
In the morning I use just a Target-brand face wash I picked up recently, my Pixi Glow Tonic, and Laura Mercier Tone Perfecting Creme moisturizer.
6. what’s your morning beauty routine?
^ see above – if I’m going somewhere, I’ll throw on some makeup too.
7. Every Woman should own the following beauty product..
8. When was the last time you cut you hair?
About 2 months ago
9. Favorite Clothing brand and why?
I’m not too big on clothes right now because my shape isn’t where I want it to be.. I kind of just shop anywhere, I guess Target would be my favorite at the moment.
10. Which hair color would you prefer… Brunette, Blonde or Red Head?
I would like to try out a red – exactly like Amy Childs’ color!
My next nomination was from Lala at thelittlelipstick (thank you, Lala!)
Her questions for me were:
1. What is your favourite season and trademark go-to beauty look for it?
Hmm, I think spring would be my favorite season.. I don’t really have a beauty look for it, but I do like pastel nails
2. List your top 3 makeup brands?
Hmmm, if I had to choose I guess I’d say Charlotte Tilbury, Laura Mercier and Sonia Kashuk
3. What do you believe is the most important step in your skincare routine?
I’d say it would be washing your face.. you can’t moisturize, use toner or serum until that’s done!
4. Dark or light nail polish shades?
Depends on my mood, but I own more light colors
5. Describe your perfect weekend.
My perfect weekend would be to have a family outing – just going out to a new city/town perhaps and discovering new things, just having fun together
6. What is your current perfume?
Elizabeth & James black – I got some samples of it from Sephora, but it’s my new favorite! Sandalwood heaven
7. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Haha, I think maybe Robin from the old Batman series that used to come on TV with Adam West. I was probably like 5!
8. What product is the highest on your wish list right now?
If I had to choose something it would be a new foundation, but I don’t have any particular one in mind
9. What colour will your bridesmaid’s dresses be or what colour were they?
Well, I’m already married and we didn’t have a big wedding, it was just us so no bridesmaids!
10. Favourite type of cuisine?
11. What is your ultimate holiday destination?
MY ultimate holiday would not be your typical sunny, tropical destination I could care less about all that.. it would be in EUROPE, of course!
My last nomination was from Fatima at Lipsticks and Coffee (thanks, Fatima!)
Her questions for me were:
1. Describe the place that you usually blog from
I usually blog either on my couch or in bed
2. Do your friends/family know about your blog?
Honestly, no.. I haven’t mentioned it to anyone but my husband. I don’t know why, I just feel very shy about having people I really KNOW know..
3. Tell us a little about your blog title!
It’s one of several I’ve chosen because I’m so indecisive, but I wanted to come up with something nobody had of course, and wanted to incorporate something European in it since I’m obsessed with Europe, so I came up with this!
4. Would you rather read a book or watch a TV show/movie?
Watch a TV show
5. What is the last thing you purchased?
A chicken! haha
6. What’s the longest you can go without the internet?
Not very long at all.. I’m a little more addicted than I would like to be.
7. Are you a morning person?
No! I hate mornings! Just kidding, but I would prefer to wake up on my own time
8. How often do you take selfies?
Very rarely – maybe once every couple of months or so, if we’re talking about outside of my blog
9. What product is high on your wish list?
Hmmmm… not sure, I don’t have anything in specific at the moment that I’m lusting over, I would like to try a new high-end foundation though since the weather out here is pretty humid.
10. Do you know the difference between elicit and illicit?
Actually, no. I’m not the brightest bulb lol. I know illicit, but not elicit, so I looked it up:
elicit – to draw or bring out or forth; educe; evoke
illicit – not legally permitted or authorized; unlawful
11. What are some things that you are passionate about?
I’m passionate about my love for my family, lately I’ve been very passionate about U.S. and world news/politics, and I’m passionate about my LOVE, obsession and YEARNING desire to visit Europe – daydreaming all the time of peering out on the Bonnie Hills of Scotland and the sights and cities of Wales, England, Austria… ugh.. I could go on forever!
So there you have it, thank you girls again so much for nominating me, and thank you to all my readers! Until next time… Toodles! xo